Since commencing its operations in 1994, Asphaltech established its name as a leading pavement and road surfacing company in Western Australia. It was the first to introduce Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA) into the WA market, providing clients with improved durability, performance, and value for money.
In addition to top quality asphalt surfacing products, the company is committed to customer satisfaction and adhering to quality standards. Both of its locations have been awarded certificates such as the Bureau Veritas Certification for Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
Asphaltech has expanded to Melbourne, Victoria in 2004, and earned accolades such as the 2016 Astec Australia Industry Leadership. The company has also started a new civil construction division for a variety of works, including drainage, road works, and underground services.
Health and safety is a vital part of Asphaltech’s day-to-day processes. The company takes pride in establishing a culture of continuous safety improvement, and maintaining a safe work environment through appropriate policies and procedures.
Despite incorporating the latest technological advancements, the company was still relying on paper forms. This resulted in delays in communicating safety information, and administration burden while handling these forms. The latter was inevitable as more time and resources were dedicated to handling and duplicating paper forms.
Asphaltech contacted Makeen Technologies to help it improve its operation efficiency and mobilize its safety forms. Makeen’s team created around 12 forms which aim to achieve the following:
- Effectively record detailed descriptions of the work employees perform
- Document clients’ instructions to add further clarification to contract documents
- Mobilize site diaries and, ultimately, automate the storage of these records
- Increase the speed and accuracy of visual inspections and risk analysis
- Promote a safe working environment through safety mobile forms and checklists
- Improve the company’s purchase requisition process to prevent delays
- Ensure employees follow the best practices and adhere to compliance regulations